SightRunning in Nature
Come and savor the simple joy of running, without having to worry about planning or navigating the route; we will take care off all of these for you.
This offers you foremost an Experience: running in it’s purest form, away from traffic, with no dust and no pollution; a nice atmosphere and plenty of endorphins!
– time investment: half a day spent exercising in nature;
– what you get: a few hours when you can just enjoy running, with no other things to worry about; information on things we’ll visit are also included 🙂
We call this “NaTura Altfel” (altfel means different in Romanian) as we try to explore a different area each time we go out. The point is to try to get to know better our county, apart from enjoying the fresh air.
A few details:
- the distances are usually between 10-20 km, on dirt roads or forest paths;
- we usually have three distance options (short, middle and long) so anyone can take part;
- the speed is always adapted to the slowest runner: nobody gets left behind; quicker runners could always return at intersections, so we’ll all go the same way as a group;
- Participation is on own’s responsability.
Click for Articles on previous tours (RO text only).
Tours and Prices
Our nature tours are totally customizable, according to your interests.
Our prices are customized as well, according to the number of people doing the tour. We charge:
- groups of 6-10 people: 5 euro per person;
- groups of 4-5 people: 10 euro per person;
- groups of 1-3 persons: 20 euro per person;
Please let us know which your interests are, so we can customize he tour to tailor your needs.
Terms and Conditions
1) The basic requirements to run with the us are to be in good health on the day and to have at least 18 years. Younger runners are only allowed to run with their parents or a legal guardian. We do not act in solo parentis.
2) You must inform us in writing of any medical conditions you might have, in advance, whether or not you believe they will affect your runs. There are no professional medical assistants at our runs.
3) We are not responsible for any health problems caused by this service. People are strongly encouraged to see a doctor before taking up any kind of physical training.
4) We will not be responsible for any road accidents or any other kind of accident that are caused by acts attributable to the customer or a third party. We are not liable for any such consequences arising from such situations.
5) All those who order our services expressly accept and assume all risks that may exist during a run.
6) You may cancel your reservation or Race Training whenever you want, by e-mail. If desired, we can always reschedule the run at no additional cost.
WHAT IF IT IS RAINING, WILL THE TOUR STILL GO AHEAD?
Usually, our running tours will go ahead, rain or shine. However, in very severe weather (to be determined by your guide) you will be offered to return at a later time or to postpone your running tour for another day. Postponing the tour is only at the discretion of the guide and tours will usually go ahead, even if it is raining.
HOW CAN I PAY?
You can pay cash upon meeting the running guide or you can pay by bank transfer to the following account: RO03 INGB 0000 9999 0628 5778
- Bank: ING Bank Timisoara
- Beneficiary: SightRunning SRL
- Fiscal code: 36563242
- Payment Details: „Last Name, First Name, SightRunning Nature Tour”.
DO I NEED TO SIGN A DISCLAIMER?
No, but by using our services you agree to the Terms and Conditions. As the tour take place in nature and involve physical activity, it can be hazardous. You must therefore certify that you accept all of the possible risks involved and will not hold sightrunning.ro liable for any eventuality.
IF MY PLANS CHANGE, CAN I RESCHEDULE?
In cases of emergency or changed travel plans, we will reschedule your tour. Simply contact us, and we will find a new date.
WHAT IF I WANT TO CANCEL MY BOOKING?
Please let us know as early as possible.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO TAKE PICTURES ALONG THE WAY?
Yes, you can bring along your camera and snap away. If there is a certain place you would like your picture taken, then simply ask your guide.
HOW FAST ARE THE RUNNING TOURS? DO I HAVE TO BE AN EXPERIENCED RUNNER TO PARTICIPATE AND HOW WILL I KEEP UP WITH THE GUIDE?
We always tailor out tours so that the participants run at a pace that is comfortable to them, for the clients’ desired distance. As we are doing a running tour, a minimal level of fitness is required to be able to run the requested distance, however the distance, pace and frequency of stops is up to the participants involved in the running tour.
In cases of special tours (trail-run, or special tours above 10 km) it is necessary to be in good physical shape. Normally, participants should be able to complete a 10 km run in less than an hour.
DO WE STOP BY THE ATTRACTIONS ON THE RUN?
Yes! We have short stops by the main attractions where the guide talks about the sights, the history and other facts about them.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
It is always a good idea to check the weather before the run
IS THERE WATER ON THE TOUR?
Water is not included so we always recommend our guests to bring their own .
WHAT IF I NEED TO USE THE RESTROOM?
It is advisable to take care of that before leaving your hotel, but if nature calls please let your guide know.
CAN I STORE CLOTHES AND VALUABLES DURING THE TOUR?
For nature tours that require ground transportation it is possible to store objects (preferably non-value) in the car.
IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE TOURS?
We encourage family participation on trail tours and the tours are open to all members of the family (recommended ages from 10 years old). Runners younger than 18 are only allowed to run with their parents or a legal guardian.
WHAT LANGUAGES ARE THE TOURS BEING GUIDED IN?
Our tours are currently offered in English and Romanian.
CAN I BRING MY DOG ON THE RUN?
We’ll gladly run with your well-behaved dog as long as you have a leash. It’s great exercise and your dog will love it! We ask that you bring a plastic bag in case of any accidents.
WHAT IF THERE IS A MEDICAL EMERGENCY?
Please advise us beforehand of any injuries or health conditions you have. Your guide will carry a phone, so an ambulance can be called if required.